Section I. Request for Expression of Interest
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE PRODUCT/RECIPE DEVELOPMENT OF FIFTEEN BINALONAN PRODUCTS
- The Local Government Unit of Binalonan, intends to apply the sum of One Million Pesos Only (1,000,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for Consulting Services for the Product/Recipe Development of Fifteen Binalonan Products. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
- The Local Government Unit of Binalonan calls for the submission of eligibility documents for consulting services for the Product/Recipe Development of Fifteen Binalonan Products. Detailed service requirements are indicated in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the project (see Annex A).
- The LGU will hold a meeting with the interested consultants on December 12, 2014, 10:00 a.m. at the Conference Room, Office of the Mayor, Municipal Hall, Binalonan, Pangasinan which shall be open to all interested parties.
- Interested consultants must submit their eligibility documents on or before December 26, 2014, 10 a.m. at the Conference Room, Office of the Mayor, Municipal Hall, Binalonan, Pangasinan. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion. The bidder/s shall drop three (3) copies of their duly accomplished eligibility requirements in sealed envelopes in the bid box located at the above-mentioned address.
- The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted eligibility documents and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act,” and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist of five (5) interested consultants who will be entitled to submit bids. In accordance with Section 24 of R.A. No. 9184 and its IRR, the criteria and rating system for short listing are:
- Applicable experience of the consultant and members in case of joint ventures, considering both the overall experiences of the firms or, in the case of new firms, the individual experiences of the principal and key staff, including the times when employed by other consultants (30 points);
- Qualification of personnel who may be assigned to the job vis-à-vis extent and complexity of the undertaking (60 points); and
- Current workload relative to capacity (10 points).
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using nondiscretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of R.A. No. 9184.
- Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines is required
- The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality-Cost Based Evaluation/Selection (QCBE/QCBS) procedure. The Procuring Entity shall indicate the weights to be allocated for the Technical and Financial Proposals. The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
- The contract shall be completed until March 30, 2015, subject to the delivery dates set in the ToR.
- The Department of Budget and Management reserves the right to reject any and all bids, annul the bidding process, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
Municipality of Binalonan
Municipal Hall, Binalonan, Pangasinan
Tel. no. 075-562-2020
SELMA D. CUARESMA, DPM
RAMON V. GUICO III